Sunday 7 December 2008

What does a quilter do when she can't quilt?







For a while now my body's not being cooperative in the quilting department. I'll spare you the details, and just say that it's ..not...very....good...and....I'm...sick... of.... it.



OK, so what does a quilter do when she can't make quilts? She knits.



I found a wonderful knitting designer who shares her designs through her blog. http://badcatdesigns.blogspot.com/


She's known as BadCat, and she designs fantastic shawl. Thanks BadCat.



This is the first project I "knit-along" with BadCat and hundreds of students...the Summer Sampler Project.


Each week for about 20 weeks Andrea would post part of the pattern, each week a new stitch, until we had a complete shawl. I've learnt something new every week and thoroughly enjoyed the whole process. Of course I love the finished project.




So quilters can sit down and knit when they can't make quilts.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous shawl. Love the colour too.

Thank you for the comment on Dazzle. Silky Merino is one of my new lace yarns, a very fine cobweb lace with 1200m per 100gr skein which is why the shawl is so huge.