Saturday 18 July 2009

Climbing Leaves Shawl

The Climbing Leaves Shawl designed by Karen Walker is at last blocking. This is just a glimpse of some of the details. Knit with Penny Rose zephyr lace yarn (merino and silk) on 3.75mm needles. It's interesting to knit, having changes of stitch patterns throughout the length. Once again I used Sullivans bamboo circular needles which I find great. They have a good balance between grip and slip:). Also they are very light weight, great for arthritic hands. The price is right too.
Why a circular needle? The weight of the knitting falls on the cord rather than the actual needles and this weight is on my lap rather than on my hands.
There will be a modelled shot as soon as I can find a willing model.

cheers, Colleen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stunning lace. I prefer circular needles too. Apart from for socks, circs are all I use.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! I love the way you blocked to, with the wires inside and the pins on the points. I had 'duh' moment when I saw that, as I wrestled with a similar blocking project several weeks ago. If I hadn't mailed it off, I'd probably redo the blocking.

Lovely scarf!