Friday 4 September 2009

Knitting: A new Shawl of my own design













I can't help myself sometimes. I look at knitting patterns and begin to wonder "what if....?" I had this wonderfully soft Malabrigo lace yarn from Yarn and Kisses in Western Australia that was calling to be made into a rectangular shawl that I can wear as a soft, warm large scarf. I chose a stitch design that appealed to me and was repetative enough for me to fairly mindlessly knit. Beginning with a provisional cast on meant I could add to the shawl at both ends if I wanted to and if the overall design needed it. Not really knowing where I was going, I knit until the first skein ran out. I adapted another stitch pattern to flow from the first design and knitted it to both ends, followed by a border design that also flowed well (the number of stitches in the repeats matched).

I'm really happy with how it turned out.

I will get modelled photos as soon as I find a willing model.

cheers

Colleen




No comments: