Friday 18 June 2010

Loving a Reproduction Shawl


Frozen Leaves Shawl
I found the pattern for this lovely shawl on Ravelry
A knitter who calls herself Anusla on Ravelry took elements of German designs from the 1930-50's to create her shawl.
I made mine with some very fine alpaca yarn I bouhgt from Barb's Sew and Knit at Glenelg.
The close-up photo shows the clear beads I used throughout the edging. They add a little to the design, but mostly they help with the drape of the feather-weight shawl.

















I blocked the shawl into a slightly crescent shape because I like the way it drapes over the shoulders and stays on without fussing.

As I was knitting I kept thinking about a rectangular shawl using the same stitches. Hmmmm. Shouldn't be too hard :)

Happy stitching and knitting
Colleen




No comments: